No matter what we do for a living, we run into situations forcing us to ask “What’s the right thing to do here?”
Here are some actions we can all take:
- Don’t look the other way.
- If we don’t know the answer, involve the right people.
- Make a decision and execute it.
- Learn something from the event.
- Share our learning with colleagues, with the industry, with the world. (That’s what a blog is for)
How far down that list do you get when facing an ethical dilemma? If you often stop short, where and why?
Today, pay attention to your next ethical dilemma and try to run it through the whole process.
There is someone out there looking for the answer you have.