According to Peter Diamandis, “some of the most potent innovation taking place today does not involve breakthrough technologies… but rather the creation of fundamentally new business models.”
The question that E&C professionals should ask now is “what are the compliance and ethical risks associated with these new models?”
Here are some thoughts:
- The Crowd Economy (Uber, Airbnb, etc.) – Labor rights
- The Free/Data Economy (Facebook, Google, etc.) – Privacy rights
- The Smartness Economy (Amazon, SalesForce, etc.) – Loss of jobs
- Closed-Loop Economies (The Plastic Bank, Eileen Fisher Renew, etc.) – Affordability
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (Augur, Steem, etc.) – Liability
- Multiple World Models (Second Life, Call of Duty, etc.) – Addiction
- Transformation Economy (Burning Man, CrossFit, etc.) – Truth in advertizing
Will your business be affected by these new models? Of course it will.
Are you getting ready?